Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer 2009 pictures

Here are some pictures from my phone that I've been meaning to do something with. This past weekend we went to Grayson Highlands State Park in VA. It's really a beautiful area with some great trails. The park is known for the grassy balds on the ridgelines and the wild ponies that live there. The Appalachian Trail runs through the park. I'll get some pictures up soon of that. The pictures below just kind of show what's been going on this summer around our house. We're also getting ready to paint.





Marley taking a nap. You can do anything to him when he's tired like this.



Amy with her chickens. I think she really likes them.



One of 3 garden beds. This has corn, tomatoes, lettuce, and snap peas. Also I just built a compost bin. It looks a lot better than what we had before.



"Rambo" and "Tina" in their coop...They love the nesting boxes (which are removable and easy to clean). Amy gets shredded paper at school for bedding and we're trying grass too. Chickens poop a lot.



The garden and the chicken coop. Only two strawberries total this year because they don't produce the first year. But 2 very good strawberries...The potatoes are the big suprise. I just threw some potato pieces that I had cut up and let sit for a while in the ground and we've gotten a bunch of plants from them. I dug around a little the other day and there are a ton of ping pong size new potatoes down there.



This is the coop we built for the chickens. It's built entirely from scraps from our shed and a couple of things from neighbors that they wanted gone. The ramp from the run to the coop can be pulled up with a line and locked up. The whole thing was easy to move until we put the shingles on...now it's heavy....



The deck...just stained it.


Our pepper plants growing in a planter by the deck. And some chickens too...

No comments: